Saturday, February 04, 2012

CTMH Art Philosophy Purse with Card Gift Set - Tutorial w/Cricut Craft Room File!

Here is the tutorial I promised to share with you for the purse with card gift set that I shared in my February Stamp of the Month Blog Hop post a few days ago.

CTMH Art Philosophy Purse with Card Gift Set

Here is the purse I made…

2012-01-31_2817

…using the new CTMH Stella Level 2 Paper Packet

image

…along with the February 2012 Stamp of the Month

image

…and some CTMH Dark Chocolate Striped Grosgrain…love this ribbon!

CTMH Exclusive Inks Stamp Pads I used were Cocoa & Lagoon…

 imageimage

Here is the purse open with some cards peeking out. This purse will hold five standard cards & envelopes…assuming your cards are not bulky with lots of embellishments.

2012-01-31_2821

Alright…let’s begin the tutorial!

I am using the Cricut Craft Room with CTMH’s exclusive Art Philosophy cartridge and an Expressions 2. You can find the images for the Close To My Heart Art Philosophy cartridge in the Cricut Craft Room under ‘Cricut Famous Friends’ filter.

To purchase CTMH’s exclusive Art Philosophy Collection, click here. 

Cricut-Beauty_text.ashx

Did you know there are 700 different shapes on this one cartridge!?!

{Ask me how you can get this collection for 50% off!}

Ok, I modified the Close To My Heart Art Philosophy cartridge shape <Shape8> featured on pg 47 of cartridge booklet slightly using the Cricut Craft Room to accommodate the box I made. So, to create this project, you will need to use the Cricut Craft Room to get the exact measurements I have used.

Download the CCR file I created for this project…

Art Philosophy Purse for Card Gift Set.CCR

I’ve had several ask for a Gypsy file, so here it is…

Art Philosophy Purse for Card Gift Set.Gypsy

or follow the below step-by-step tutorial…

image

Using <Shape8>, insert one shape at 5.25” wide x 6.5” high to cut the outside layer of the purse. I cut a 6” x 7” piece of Cocoa cardstock featured in the Stella Level 2 Paper Packet.

Using <Shape8>, insert one shape at 4.722” wide x 5.847” high to cut the inside layer of the purse. I used a 5” x 6.5” piece of CTMH’s B&T Duos paper  featured in the new Stella Level 2 Paper Packet.

This is what you get when you layer the two pieces…

2012-02-04_2835

Now to create the purse insert to hold the set of cards & envelopes…

Cut a piece of Cocoa cardstock at 7.25” x 9.75”. Score according to the below photo…

2012-02-04_2834

Score at 4.5” & 5.25” on the 9.75” side. Score at .75” & 6.5” on the 7.25” side. Cut notches out to help the box close nicely. Use sticky tape to secure box sides together. You will have an open top to insert your cards & envelopes.

Now, take the <Shape8> layered piece and score according to photo…

2012-02-04_2835-score-tips

Now for the final few steps…on the backside of the above piece, put sticky tape on one side of  the score line and a velcro dot on the other side.

2012-02-04_2836

Now adhere this piece to the card box…centered of course.

For the handle you will need a .5” x 8.5” piece of cardstock. I scored at .5” on both ends of the long piece. I attached my handle with brads.

Alright, that should do it! If you have any problems with the measurements, please let me know so I can double check them. I hope you enjoy creating this project as much I did!

1AFBCA5D2337D6D87DF300E172C27407

3 comments:

  1. I love your Purse card Gift set. Thanks for a great tutorial. I have tried to download the Gypsy file and it says it is an error no file found. Do you know if it is working? Thanks so much for everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this purse!
    I am so impressed with your artwork and creativity that I am bestowing upon you a Liebster Blog Award. Please visit here for more details:
    http://njstampingqueen.blogspot.com/2012/02/liebster-blog-award.html

    Congratulations and best wishes! Marie Flayer

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was so cool! I finished the purse in record time. I did find that if I made the base 7.50 instead of 7.25 (with the same scoring) the envelopes fit inside better. Thanks so much for sharing and inspiring me!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment and have a blessed day! Pamela